Tuesday, 5 January 2016

Man that Killed Live-in-lover on Christmas Day Surrenders, Claims Robbers Killed Girlfriend

Monday


Monday Hounga, the 28-year-old-man, who was believed to have killed his live-in lover on Christmas day, Cecelia Joseph, and fled to Benin Republic, has voluntarily submitted himself to the police.

    “She came back in 2014 and because of the love I had for her, I accepted her. Despite what happened, I have not stopped loving her and if I get out of this case, I don’t think I will ever love any woman like I loved her,” he said.

However, the elder sister of the victim, Titilayo Joseph, denied that Hounga and Cecelia lived together, saying that her sister was staying with her in Mazamaza.

She said:

     “Cece (Cecelia) lived with me and not him. She would go to work in the morning and return home at evening.
    “I called her on December 24 to know why she was not at home and she said the Yuletide season had kept her busy at work.
    “On December 25, she came home to pick something and my neighbours said they saw her. I was sick and couldn’t go out.

    “I was at home on December 26 when I received a call that she had a fight with her boyfriend and he had stabbed her to death.
    “He claimed they were attacked by robbers; were they the only one living in that compound? Why was she the only one that was stabbed to death? Why didn’t he raise the alarm?”

Titilayo said the family was not aware of the relationship, urging the police to bring the killer of her sister to justice.

A source said the police would accommodate all witnesses and sieve the evidence to arrive at the truth.

He said:

    “It was a miracle that he survived because all his entrails were out. One of the doctors in the hospitals he was rushed to has made a statement to corroborate Hounga’s story.”

The Deputy Police Public Relations Officer, Lagos State Command, ASP Aliyu Giwa, confirmed the arrest.

He added that the police would get to the roots of the case and give justice to the deceased.

No comments:

Post a Comment